Rules and Regulation
1. The Photo Contest starts at 6PM (PST) on August 4th 2014 and finishes on September 14th 2014 at midnight. The Contest is brought to you by Tides Group Adventures the main sponsor.
- Submit your photo from August 16th to September 1st , 2014 at Midnight, PST
- Voting opens September 2nd to September 14th at midnight, PST
2. The Contest is open to all Canadian and US residents. No purchase is necessary to enter the contest or to win one of the prizes. Entry in the contest constitutes acceptance of the official rules & regulations as outlined here.
3. Not withstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the contest, including the employees of Tides Group.
How to Enter
4. Each Entry consists of an entry form and a single image. To enter, visit www.tides.com/photo-contest for details. The contest is held on Tides Group Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TIDESadventureGROUP. Complete an entry form with the required information, including your name, email address, and photo caption; and submit along with your photograph
You may enter up to 3 pictures
5. No purchase is required to enter the contest or to win one of the three Grand Prizes.
6. The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original photograph created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
The caption must be complete and accurate, sufficient to convey the circumstances in which the photograph was taken. Disguising or misrepresenting the origin of your content is cause for disqualification.
Watermarks are not acceptable. Watermarked pictures will be automatically disqualified.
7. By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Tides Group to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: Display at a potential exhibition of winners or online highlighting entries or winners of the Contest. Entrants consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the entrant’s “moral rights” in their entries. Display or publication of any entry on an Authorized Party’s website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Authorized Parties the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
- Tides Choice: A fantastic 3 hours sailing trip with Corbett House B&B on their own 30 foot Desirata value $198)
- People’s Choice: 2 hours Harbour kayak or stand up paddle (SUP) board rental from Ocean River Adventures – (value $160)
- Surprise Prizes – You could win just for participating
Grand Prizes Winners Announcement
9. The Contest consists of submitting pictures and 1 round of voting. The picture with the most votes wins
9. In order to be declared a winner, a potential winner must be in compliance with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations and, in particular, the following:
a) The Winner’s name will be posted on Tides Groups official website (http://tidesgroup.com/) and winners will also be notified by email by the contest sponsor. Winners must claim their prize no more than 21 days after being selected.
10. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, the Contest judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared.
11. Each contestant consents to the Contest Sponsors’ use of his/her name, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity or programming purposes, in all media, without remuneration, throughout the world in perpetuity.
12. Entrants will not be individually contacted, except for selected entrants or declared winners, who will be contacted by email (if possible) and on the Tides Group website at http://tidesgroup.com/
13. The decisions is final, and entrants agree to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Official Contest Rules and Regulations or any decision rendered by the Contest judges, the decision or interpretation of the Contest judges shall prevail.
14. The prize is non transferable and must be used within a year of being issued
15. The Contest Sponsor assume no responsibility for: entries lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers”.
16. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by Tides group and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes. The refusal by an entrant to accept any prize releases and forever discharges the Contest Sponsor and their agents of all obligations related to the prize including delivery.
17. Tides Group reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate this Contest at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
18. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Contest Rules and Regulations, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually, and each entrant releases the Contest Sponsor, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in the Contest or the use of any prize.
19. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
20. The Contest and these Official Contest Rules and Regulations shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in Vancouver, British Columbia.
21. Pictures cannot be watermarked and must be the original work of the contestant.
22. All pictures entered in the contest will be posted on Facebook and social media platforms and can be posted on the website during or after the contest.
9801 Spalding Road
South Pender Island, British Columbia V0N 2M3 CANADA
The information you provide, including name and contact information, will not be sold or distributed in any manner and will be used solely by Tides Group. Participation in the contest is entirely voluntary.
By accepting and/or using prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, voice and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law and upon request will provide such consent in writing.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering this sweepstakes, you agree to a complete release of Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Tides Group and not to Facebook.